Pathways is the Toastmaster International (TI) online education program. It helps you learn communication and leadership skills that you need to succeed. It gives you:
- 11 specialized learning paths to choose from
- Online content, so that you can learn anytime, anywhere
- Real-world, transferable skills
Useful Pathways Guides
There are a number of useful Pathways guides to help you understand the program and select your first path. These PDF documents provide an excellent overview of the program:
For a quick overview of Pathways, take a moment to watch this video:
The First Steps to Take in Pathways
We encourage all members to take these steps. If you get stuck, be sure to get in touch with our VP Education (VPE) for additional support. Our club leaders are here to also help members make the most of their Pathways experience.
Step 1: Login to the Toastmasters International website.
- Use the email address that you used when you first joined Toastmasters International. If you don’t have one or don’t remember it, club leadership can help you determine what login credentials are on file for your membership account.
- See this video if you know your Toastmaster International email address, but forgot your password.
Step 2: Enable pop-ups for Base Camp.
- One of the tricky things you need to do the very first time you login to Base Camp (the Pathways online system) is to enable pop-ups in your web browser.
- You should only have to do this once for the computer and web browser you use to access your account.
- The Pathways system involves interactive presentations and other tutorial features that use pop-up windows, making this a necessary step.
Step 3: Learn about Pathways Base Camp
- Before proceeding, it is a good idea to learn more about Base Camp basics by clicking here.
Step 4: Take the Pathways assessment.
- It’s time to choose your first path. By completing the online assessment, you can evaluate your personal interests and get a recommended selection of paths.
- Note that you can still choose any path you want. In fact, it’s a good idea to identify paths you’re interested in prior to taking the assessment. That way, you can be prepared to select an alternative path, even if you don’t like the results you get from the assessment.
How to Take the Toastmasters Pathways Assessment
- Step 1: Go to the Toastmasters website.
- Step 2: Log into your Toastmasters account.
- Step 3: Click on “Pathways” and then “Choose a Path.”
- Step 4: Click “Continue to Path Selection.” …
- Step 5: Click “Take Your Assessment.”
- Step 6: Select a language and click “Start.”
Step 5: Choose your Path and follow the online directions
- Note that Toastmaster fees for your first Path are included in your membership.
- While you are on the Pathways page, take time to explore links found there, especially the FAQs.